Pluto has not traveled through Aquarius since the 1700s, and on March 23rd, it will enter this sign for the first time since 1798 making it one of the most important transits of the year, perhaps even the century.
Pluto in Aquarius is a magical rebirth. It demands brutal honesty as it helps our new skin emerge from the abscess that may have been covered for some time. I know, kinda cool but also kinda gross at the same time. Just follow me with this one; I promise to explain.
Pluto has been in the sign of Capricorn (money matters) since it moved there in 2008, and wherever it goes, it brings about deliberate change and transmutation, but solely at its desired speed.
Remember the financial crisis of 2008? It worked out... slowly. Pluto is never in a hurry because its goals are permanent, and at the base level, take down one way of being only to show you a new reality that we simply can't afford to run from.
It's now moving into Aquarius (technological advancement), where in my opinion, it will shift our perspective when it comes to mass movements in social media, group belief where it comes to medical protocol and regulation (reproductive rights and how drugs are administered), and collective views on currency, mainly dealing with crypto and the way investments are regulated.
We've seen just the beginning of this already with the financial news lately, but please don't panic, as this is in conjunction with Saturn in Pisces and is here to clean up, not clean out. You will be more than fine but urged to use your common sense.
In Aquarius, Pluto becomes very interested in the collective. When it leaves Aquarius in 2044, we can expect our social norms and personal ideologies to radically transform, whether "one side" likes it or not. I also feel there will be a massive shift in the collective feminine and masculine balance. We're in the thick of it now. The next three years will be extremely telling, especially for those connected to the Gen X era by age.
Honestly, all of this was expected because when Pluto enters Aquarius, it brings transformation into systems of power. And not just our government the way it did in 1776 through 1798, but all systems, your personal ones included. The caveat is that Pluto demands our full cooperation to completion. It wants you to be brutally honest with yourself. Think of it like cleaning out your closet. You want to remove everything so you know what you have instead of buying the same pair of jeans every year because you forgot you had them already. One should also sell or donate what doesn't fit, even if it hurts a little to do so - especially when it hurts a little.
Leaning Into This Transit
Here's what you can do to lean into this transit:
1. Ground yourself! Return to your body through breathwork, therapeutic water practice, bathing, and physical touch when possible. Anything that brings you to the present moment is excellent, as Pluto will be in a very cerebral, sometimes "overthinking" sign of Aquarius.
2. Practice common sense and steer from public opinion unless you've done your research. What is right for you is the most important part of all of this. You are urged to go with your gut more than ever right now. You know what is best for you, and rash group thinking is not where we want to go right now.
3. Explore your shadow! Look at your patterns with curiosity and examine your relationship with money and time management. These themes will come up often over the next three years. What are your fears? Can you explore them deeply enough in order to transmute them? You could find some incredible intuitive gifts in the process.
4. Donate your old stuff. If you don't need it, don't buy it. There will be more and better later. This is transmutation within your immediate control. Exercise it.
5. Get the hell outside. Your connection to nature will be so, so important right now. This energy rules technology, so getting out and connecting to nature is paramount when it comes to healing right now.
6. Love on your besties a little more. Get together, go to the party, take the class together, ask them to lunch, whatever it is, friendship and connection will have you aligned with that collective sense of love. This will give you so much personal power and an extra clear feeling.
7. Lastly, don't get stuck in reminiscing about how it was or how it could have been in the not-so-pleasant moments of your past. Purge this through therapy and talk it out as much as possible, but leave it there. You are embarking on changes and transformations that no one could have predicted and have been through enough. Seriously. You deserve all the good, and you will be shown this again and again.